Telluride’s underlying fundamentals make it a great investment opportunity in your family and also a safe haven for capital investment. Five key characteristics of Telluride are:
1. Supply & Demand. San Miguel County’s zoning has been in place since the early 1980s. Said zoning calls for about 22,000+- people once the entire county has been built-out. That number includes all hotels, condominiums and town homes, not just single-family homes. Telluride’s value is driven by simple supply and demand. We have significant interest from buyers and a limited and controlled amount of supply. The pace and charm of the Telluride lifestyle will always be maintained.
2. Year Round Economy. Most people are first introduced to Telluride via a winter ski visit. Indeed we are a ski town, however Telluride’s summer season has become the main economic season, producing more sales tax revenue than the winter. Winters are fantastic, but it’s the summer’s that make this area special. Telluride is known as Colorado’s summertime festival capitol, with almost every weekend hosting a different festival from music, to wine, to film festivals. Summer weather is very comfortable with highs in the 70s during the day and cool sleeping temperatures at night, plus no humidity. Activities abound in the summer- hiking, biking, camping, fishing, golfing, jeeping, rafting, and rock climbing to name a few.
3. Strict Design Guidelines. Quality will always be maintained and assured as both the town of Telluride and Mountain Village have strict design guidelines and approval processes. Continuing, all of the main neighborhoods within a 15-minute drive to Telluride also have their own guidelines and approval processes. Quality will always be the goal and historic significance maintained.
4. Young Resort. Telluride is a very young resort when compared to the older resorts like Vail and Aspen. We’ve taken advantage of this reality and have tried to learn from the mistakes of the older resorts. In doing so we’ve provided for transportation via a free gondola system that connects the town of Telluride to the Mountain Village. We’ve also done a great job in providing for affordable housing ownership options for the local workforce. One trait you feel is the sense of community Telluride has and that quality is attributed to our deed restricted ownership opportunities for the local workforce.
5. Natural Beauty. Take a look around. No other resort in Colorado or the lower 48 states compares to the beauty that the San Juan Mountains exude. Our southwest corner of the state has the highest concentration of 14,000-foot mountain peaks. Often times you’ll forget about your golf swing while instead being captivated by the surrounding beauty! Get outside and enjoy it.
Already registered? Login
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information NOT Shared*
Telluride Real Estate Corporation
567 Mountain Village Blvd. Suite 106A
Telluride; CO; 81435