Cool opportunity with Telluride venture accelerator! Come and check-out Telluride and look at some real estate..
Mountain Founders Contest
Have you ever dreamed of living and working in a mountain town?
We’re giving away a free week of skiing, accommodations, and workspace in the month of January to 4 people!
Applications are open until November 4th, and winners will be announced November 5th.
Here in Telluride, we’re reimagining what’s possible in a mountain town! As one of the world’s most vibrant mountain town startup communities, the Telluride Venture Accelerator (TVA) is excited to help provide an amazing opportunity for 4 lucky entrepreneurs or freelancers that love the outdoors and might consider living and working in a place like Telluride. You’ll also get the opportunity to go skiing with Hilaree O’Neill, a true local inspiration and named by Outside Magazine as “the most adventurous woman in the world of sports.”
Our goal is to showcase what a community of ambitious entrepreneurs is capable of, even from a remote mountain town. Following our rich history of being the first town to have streetlights lit by Tesla's AC coil, the birthplace of the Human Genome Project, the first town in the world to have public access to internet, we're proving that we can have a global impact from the most unexpected places. If you’ve ever dreamed of working and living in a place like Telluride but never thought it was really possible, let us prove you wrong! Worst case scenario: you get an awesome vacation and a new network of mountain friends and mentors.
What we are offering:
- Free accomodations: Any 6-night, 7-day period in the month of January, 2017. You can choose the dates
- Workspace: Access to one of our two co-working spaces
- Free skiing, and an opportunity to hit the slopes with Hilaree O’Neill
- Access to the community: You’ll get to meet several local entrepreneurs from companies like Western Rise, Felt, Pro Editors, Travel Recon, Voltaire, Nosha, etc
- We welcome friends, business partners, or significant others (caveat: we can only offer one hotel room and we can’t guarantee free ski passes for the second person)
- And (of course) we’ll take you out for dinner + drink at some of our favorite spots with some of our favorite people
We’re looking for people that love the outdoors and are working on ambitious and interesting projects. For us, this is a way to tell the amazing story of what’s happening in our remote corner of Southwestern Colorado. The ideal person is someone that has wondered, “could I move to a mountain town, ski every day, and still be solving world problems and building a career?”
- Flights: (1) You can fly into the town of Telluride directly via Great Lakes Airlines from Denver; (2) Montrose Airport is 1.5 hours away and has direct flights from Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, Houston, and Dallas; Durango or Grand Junction are both 2.5 hours away and have even more flight options (e.g. direct flights or connections to SFO, JFK, CHI, LAX, DAL, and more). (Flights not provided by TVA) real estate, real estate, homes, condos, land, real estate, dan henschel, realtor, dan henschel, real estate
- Shuttles: available from all airports (not provided by TVA)
- Accommodations: The free room will be available in the Peaks Resort and Spa (link here), which has ski in/ski out access.
- Co-working Space: There is a co-working space in The Peaks Resort and Spa and another one in downtown Telluride. Both are run by Proximity Space (link here).